Technology Campus Turku seeks higher education students to mentor secondary-level students in their Beyond 2030 Challenge science competition.
- Beyond 2030 Challenge is a competition that encourages upper secondary and vocational education students to dive into the world of science and technology.
- All mentors will be paid a 150 euro fee for their work.
Beyond 2030 Challenge
Beyond 2030 Challenge is a competition that encourages upper secondary and vocational education students to dive into the world of science and technology.
Ambitious aim of the competition is to find creative solutions to save the planet and humanity.
Upper secondary and vocational students participate in the contest in teams, who may work in Finnish, Swedish, or English.
Beyond 2030 Challenge is a science competition organised by the City of Turku and Bayer. The competition is supported by academics and industry. In the competition, upper secondary education students in groups of one to four people develop new ideas, innovations and applications.Read more
All University of Turku, Åbo Akademi University, Turku UAS and Novia UAS students in science and technology can apply to become mentors.
The number of mentors will range from 20 to 30, based on the number of teams in the contest. Mentors will be selected based on their study background and order of application. If the number of mentor applicants is greater than the number of teams in the contest, there will also be an interview before selection.
All mentors will be paid a 150 euro fee for their work.
Mentors are asked to be commitment to help, support and spar their project team through the entire competition.
The mentors are also expected to participate in a separate kick-off event and to meet with their team at least twice during the first project phase (15.12.2022–19.01.2023) and at least twice during the second project phase (20.02.–14.04.2023).
More detailed mentoring instructions will be given at the kick-off event, to which all mentors will be invited separately.
Why to apply?
- You get a change to contribute to the first ever Beyond 2030 Challenge science competition
- You get to encourage young people to find study opportunities in technology and science.
- You get to share your expertise, be a role model for secondary-level students and inspire them to become a part of the future of science and technology.
- You get an inspiring experience leading an intensive innovation project.
- When your team finds success, you gain success as well and get to enjoy a memorable contest experience and its final gala with your team.
- Apply by November 18th, 2022, 12.00 o’clock
- All applicants will be contacted as soon as possible.
- The kick-off event for mentors will be organized on December 9th.
- The first project phase is on 15.12.2022–19.01.2023 and the second project phase on 20.02.–14.04.2023.
Technology Campus Turku
Head of Education Sari Stenvall-Virtanen
tel. 040 501 3757