TechCampus Turku’s higher education strategy consists of the description of the current state of technology education and a plan on achieving a shared set of goals.
TechCampus Turku’s higher education strategy
- defines competence in technology and its content at higher education institutions,
- defines actions that support cooperation in education in the short and long term,
- enables the definition of metrics and the evaluation of activities, and
- enables the management of activities and cooperation in accordance with the strategy.
The key measures of the education strategy are associated with five broader competence areas shared by the Turku-based higher education institutions.
- medical development, health technology, and diagnostics
- maritime and manufacturing technology industries
- food industry expertise
- bioeconomy, cleantech, and the circular economy
The shared competence areas form the basis of the development of university-level technology education in Turku and the profiling of higher education institutions, as well as more in-depth and systematic cooperation between the institutions. The aim is to respond to the competence needs of the industries by providing a sufficient number of bachelors, masters and doctors of technology, and by targeting and developing technology education in terms of its content.
The technology education strategy defines the measures that support TechCampus Turku’s operational goals and outlines cooperation between higher education institutions in the field of technology.
The strategy defines key measures that help, in a changing environment,
- to use the full potential of university-level technology education in the region,
- to gain a competitive edge over others based on the region’s strengths and resources, and
- to respond to the needs and expectations of sectors, companies and stakeholders.
The strategy lists a total of 30 measures for 2021–2025 with which TechCampus Turku’s members can jointly develop technology education in the region regarding degree programmes, continuous learning and RDI activities. The measures will be specified annually in TechCampus Turku’s action plan.
Further information about the education strategy and the measures:
Head of Education Sari Stenvall-Virtanen, +358 40 501 3757, firstname.lastname@example.org