Education in technology is provided in four higher education institutions in Turku. The institutions in Turku produce technology and maritime experts for whom there is great demand and who have excellent employment opportunities.
The goal of the TechCampus is to create a strong and wide cluster of technology expertise.
The students are offered:
- a strong system of higher education in technology and clear-cut degree programmes
- straightforward and flexible education paths from Bachelor to Master of Engineering
- a common strategy in technology education plus complementing technology education profiles in different universities
- vibrant and diverse contacts with the working life in all degree programmes
- continuing education to meet the needs of businesses
Educational responsibilities in the field of technology
Higher education institutions based in Turku provide a broad range of technology studies. Nearly all areas of educational responsibilities of universities of applied sciences in the field of technology are represented at Turku University of Applied Sciences, one of Finland’s largest providers of education in technology. It is supplemented by Novia University of Applied Sciences, specialised in maritime technology and management. Currently, University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University provide degree programmes under five areas of educational responsibilities in the field of technology.
However, there are certain fields, such as electrical and automation engineering, whose provision should be expanded in Turku to enable higher education institutions to comprehensively respond to the regional demand for professionals in the field. TechCampus Turku is also aiming to achieve this goal in accordance with its education strategy.