- Technology Campus Turku seeks higher education students to mentor secondary-level students in their Beyond 2030 Challenge science competition.
- Beyond 2030 Challenge is a competition that encourages upper secondary and vocational education students to dive into the world of science and technology.
- The competition takes place in the 2020 autumn term, and its ambitious aim is to find creative solutions to save the planet and humanity.
Upper secondary and vocational students participate in the contest in teams, who may work in Finnish, Swedish, or English. All University of Turku, Åbo Akademi, Turku University of Applied Sciences and Novia University of Applied Sciences students in science and technology can apply to become mentors. The number of mentors will range from 20 to 30, based on the number of teams in the contest. Mentors will be selected based on their study background and order of application. If the number of mentor applicants is greater than the number of teams in the contest, there will also be an interview before selection.
Mentors are asked to be commitment to help, support and spar their project team through the entire competition. The mentors are also expected to participate in a separate kick-off event and to meet with their team at least twice during the first project stage (1.11.–10.12.2021 ) and at least twice during the second project stage (17.01.–16.03.2022). More detailed mentoring instructions will be given at the kick-off event, to which all mentors will be invited separately.
Why should you apply?
- You get a change to contribute to the first ever Beyond 2030 Challenge science competition
- You get to encourage young people to find study opportunities in technology and science.
- You get to share your expertise, be a role model for secondary-level students and inspire them to become a part of the future of science and technology.
- You get an inspiring experience leading an intensive innovation project.
- When your team finds success, you gain success as well and get to enjoy a memorable contest experience and its final gala with your team.
Apply here; the deadline for applications is October 1st, 2021.
Technology Campus Turku Head of Education Sari Stenvall-Virtanen will contact all applicants between October 11-13, 2021. The kick-off event for mentors will be organized on October 14th.
You can find more details about the competition and its timeline at www.turku.fi/en/beyond2030 .
Learn more about the first Beyond 2030 Challenge competition here: Beyond 2030 Challenge.
More information: Sari Stenvall-Virtanen, 040 501 3757, email@example.com